7 Watchposts: Wednesday
Wednesday – Mystery of the Spirit
Your prayer assignment will consist of three segments:
Illumination – a scripture reading to bring light into our minds and heart.
Read Colossians 1:9-14 | 5 mins.
Meditation – a moment of silence characterized by listening to the voice of the Spirit.
Listening to the voice of the Spirit | 5 mins.
Intercession – a moment to intercede on behalf of our church.
Prayer Points below | 15 mins.
- Pray that the Lord, through His Spirit, may grant LCC power and strength to comprehend the breadth, length, height, and depth of God’s love towards us. That we may be filled with all the fullness of God. And that our lives may continue to testify to that filling.
- Pray that the Spirit of God may fill us with wisdom and understanding to walk in a matter worthy of our calling, pleasing the Lord with our works, honoring his name with our fruit, and giving thanks to the Father, with deep joy, for inheritance he has prepared for us.
- Pray that the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control) would abound in the relationships, conversations, conflicts, and interactions that happen between us as a church family.
- Pray that the Spirit would lead us to remember truth and to apply that truth in our lives. That the Spirit would illumine our people’s minds as they read Scripture and fill their hearts with a sense of God’s presence as they pray.
- Pray that the Spirit would lead us to earnestly pursue the gifts of the Spirit for the building up of the church.
- That prophetic words and utterances would be frequent to provide encouragement and guidance. That gifts of wisdom, exhortation, and teaching would abound to help us walk in God’s way. That gifts of service and leadership point us to humility and mutual care. That discerning of spirits, tongues, miracles, and faith be our spiritual medicine against becoming “natural-minded”.