7 Watchposts: Friday
Friday – Ministries of LCC
Read – 1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:13
• Pray for our Elders and their families – Keith Collins, Peter Davidson, Bill Treeby, Phil Widener, Steve Roberts, Frank Loria, and Evan May. If Satan can take down a shepherd of God’s people, the odds are much higher that God’s people will scatter and that they’ll become bitter and disenfranchised. Satan targets pastors because the damage is exponential if they fall. Pray for your leaders that they would be kept safe from Satan’s attacks and schemes.
• Pray for the extended leadership team at LCC: Staff – Pete Schefferstein, Erik Schmaltz, Ronald Laitano, and Jordan Bellamy; and other ministry directors. That God would keep the entire leadership team (Elders, Staff, and other leaders) at LCC pure and spiritually qualified for ministry. That God would lead them away from temptation and sin and help them to pursue holiness and righteousness.
• Pray for our discipleship ministries: Small Groups, School of the Word, Alpha, Beta: for faithful leaders to be diligent and wise in their leading. Pray that these times together would be key times of spiritual growth. Pray that the Holy Spirit’s presence would be increasingly felt.
• Pray for our next generation ministries: For our youth and children’s ministry. That the seed of faith would begin to take root and grow in the hearts of our children. Pray for endurance and energy for leaders and volunteers. Pray for safety.
• Pray for our demographic-specific ministries: college students, Young Adults, Senior Adults, Women, Men.: that the each of these ministries would be a source of grace for specific needs. Pray that a spirit of unity would bind these ministries together with the rest of the church body. Pray that God would continue to lead LCC to pursue other ministries as needed.
• Pray for wisdom for those in decision-making roles. That the Lord’s glory, the advancement of the gospel, and the edification of the saints be what motivates us to do ministries. That pragmatism, shallowness, and worldliness would not be the things that influence ministry at LCC.