What are the 7 Watchposts?
*If you'd like to join the prayer team, email Pastor Ronald.
The 7 Watchposts
We find in Nehemiah 4 one of the most fascinating stories of the Bible. Under the leadership of the prophet Nehemiah, work begins to rebuild the destroyed walls surrounding the city of Jerusalem. But as is typically the case in the Christian life, the work of God is quickly met with Satan’s opposition.
As the walls were being built, Israel’s enemies rose with evil intentions to stop the walls from being built and kill the Israelites. The Israelites were defenseless. What were they to do? Nehemiah recounts what they did: And we prayed to our God and set a guard as a protection against them day and night. – Nehemiah 4:6 (ESV)
The 7 WATCHPOSTS is our LCC Intercessory Prayer Team that seeks to “pray to God and set a guard day and night” on the ministries and life at LCC.
- By joining the Intercessorry Prayer Team, you are committing to intercede for the life of our church for one day each week, as assigned by the prayer ministry coordinator.
- You will be given a prayer guide with indiviudal prayer points. Read the passage of Scripture for that day, noticing the connection between the passage and the prayer points, and in your own words intercede for the body.
- Feel free to pray on as many days as you would like, but please take ownership of your watchpost. For example, if you are assigned to “Wednesdays”, please pray the Wednesdays prayers ON Wednesday.
- Try and pray through each point, but be open to hear from the Spirit and lift up prayers of intercession as you are led!
- You should aim for 20-30 minutes of prayer at first and grow from there.