20for20 - Jan 19
January 19, 2020
Each day, your prayer assignment will consist of three segments:
Illumination – a scripture reading to bring light into our minds and heart.
Meditation – a moment of silence characterized by listening to the voice of the Spirit.
Intercession – a moment to intercede on behalf of our church
Illumination (5 mins)
- Scripture Reading – 1 Peter 1:13-19
- Read the text slowly. Don’t analyze it; let it speak to you.
Meditation (5 mins)
- Still your mind and heart. Listen to the voice of the Spirit.
- What is the Lord saying to you and through you?
- Did you receive prophetic impressions to share?
Intercession (10 mins)
The following prayer points are based on our “7 Hills to Die On” Emphasis. Today we are praying for the ‘Hill of Holiness’.
- Pray that LCC would resist conformity to this fallen world and have an enlightened zeal to pursue righteousness.
- Pray for God to renew our minds and lifestyles to conform to the image of Christ.
- Pray that God would grant us freedom from the bondage of the sins that control us.
- Pray that God would continue to make us a distinct people who image the glory of God in our lives and in our worship of Him.
- Pray for renewed affections for God’s glory, for “spiritual taste buds” to be created that lead to rejection of sin and pursuit of righteousness.
- Pray that God would create in us, not only the desire to pursue holiness, but to increase the pleasure and joy experienced in holy living.