20for20 - Jan 8
January 8, 2020
Each day, your prayer assignment will consist of three segments:
Illumination – a scripture reading to bring light into our minds and heart.
Meditation – a moment of silence characterized by listening to the voice of the Spirit.
Intercession – a moment to intercede on behalf of our church
Illumination (5 mins)
- Scripture Reading – Matthew 28: 16-20
- Read the text slowly. Don’t analyze it; let it speak to you.
Meditation (5 mins)
- Still your mind and heart. Listen to the voice of the Spirit.
- What is the Lord saying to you and through you?
- Did you receive prophetic impressions to share?
Intercession (10 mins)
The following prayer points are based on our “7 Hills to Die On” Emphasis. Today we are praying for the ‘Hill of Evangelism’.
- Pray that God would exalt his name in the world and that, according to his sovereign purposes, he would use LCC to extend his kingdom in the New Orleans.
- Pray for the fullness of the Holy Spirit to empower us as a church to boldly preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for an increased burden in our church for the lost and unsaved. That God would help us see the lost as He does. That God would create in us such a great love for His name, that we would be deeply compelled to share the message of the gospel with those around us.
- Ask God that He would let LCC see salvation fruit. Ask him to not let his word return void, but to raise the dead to life. Ask him to open the hearts of non-believers to receive the gospel. Ask him to remove the veil of unbelief that blinds them from seeing the glory of Christ. Ask him to grant them repentance and free them from Satan’s snare. Ask him to enable us as a church to share in the joy of heaven by seeing a sinner repent.