20for20 - Jan 5
January 5, 2020
Each day, your prayer assignment will consist of three segments:
Illumination – a scripture reading to bring light into our minds and heart.
Meditation – a moment of silence characterized by listening to the voice of the Spirit.
Intercession – a moment to intercede on behalf of our church
Illumination (5 mins)
- Scripture Reading – Psalm 1
- Read the text slowly. Don’t analyze it; let it speak to you.
Meditation (5 mins)
- Still your mind and heart. Listen to the voice of the Spirit.
- What is the Lord saying to you and through you?
- Did you receive prophetic impressions to share?
Intercession (10 mins)
The following prayer points are based on our “7 Hills to Die On” Emphasis. Today we are praying for the ‘Hill of the Word’.
- Pray that 2020 be a year of fruitful encounters in bible reading by those who come to LCC.
- Pray that a hunger and thirst for God’s word would grow at LCC.
- Pray for spiritual victories as a result of reading the word: the temptation may be defeated, that hope may be found, that counsel may be given, that assurance may be received, that light may shine on a darkened mind.
- Pray for those preaching and teaching God’s word – that they may be found faithful.
- Pray that anytime the word of God is engaged at LCC, it may “come alive”.
- Pray against apathy, indifference, reluctance, and avoidance towards God’s word at LCC.
- Pray that all times, the Spirit of God would lead us “to all truth”. That the Spirit would lead us to remember truth and to apply that truth in our lives. That the Spirit would illumine our people’s minds as they read Scripture and fill their hearts with a sense of God’s presence as they pray.