20for20 - Jan 16
January 16, 2020
Each day, your prayer assignment will consist of three segments:
Illumination – a scripture reading to bring light into our minds and heart.
Meditation – a moment of silence characterized by listening to the voice of the Spirit.
Intercession – a moment to intercede on behalf of our church
Illumination (5 mins)
- Scripture Reading – 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
- Read the text slowly. Don’t analyze it; let it speak to you.
Meditation (5 mins)
- Still your mind and heart. Listen to the voice of the Spirit.
- What is the Lord saying to you and through you?
- Did you receive prophetic impressions to share?
Intercession (10 mins)
The following prayer points are based on our “7 Hills to Die On” Emphasis. Today we are praying for the ‘Hill of the Spirit’.
- Pray that the Lord, through His Spirit, may grant LCC power and strength to comprehend the breadth, length, height, and depth of God’s love towards us. That we may be filled with all the fullness of God. And that our lives may continue to testify to that filling.
- Pray that the Spirit would lead us to earnestly pursue the gifts of the Spirit for the building up of the church.
- That prophetic words and utterances would be frequent to provide encouragement and guidance. That gifts of wisdom, exhortation, and teaching would abound to help us walk in God’s way. That gifts of service and leadership point us to humility and mutual care. That discerning of spirits, tongues, miracles, and faith be our spiritual medicine against becoming “natural-minded”.
- Pray for an unleashing of spiritual activity at LCC for 2020 – a “fresh-anointing” to fall on us.