Prayer is an absolutely indispensable part of our life as a church and has a role in supporting, sustaining, and enabling literally everything we do. No ministry can thrive without a posture of humble dependence upon God, and that kind of dependence is most clearly evidenced in the ministry of prayer. We have a vision to see every ministry and people-need in our local fellowship faithfully brought before God’s throne of grace through the ministry of intercession. Making sure that prayer does not get demoted in the functional life of the church can be a challenge. We seek to maintain and strengthen prayer ministry in these ways:
We're starting this year with a series of messages titled, "Discipleship Reboot", but the Lord is leading us together and individually to posture ourselves differently for a period of 21 days of prayer and fasting, so that His power and presence may once again be tasted and seen in our walk with Him and we may hear and encounter Him afresh in the midst of all the noise of our day!
Sunday Corporate Prayer
Every Sunday morning at 8:15 am, we come together to ask God to reveal Himself to us as we meet for the Sunday Celebration. Corporate prayer occurs in Rm. 200.
Other Prayer Gatherings:
|Tuesday Morning Prayer
On Tuesday mornings at 6:30 am we meet to pray for the various ministries of the church and the advancement of the Kingdom of God in New Orleans. This takes place in the foyer of the church building.
Every second Friday morning of the month at 6:30 am, the men gather for prayer. They meet at LCC, upstairs in Rm. 200.
The women meet for prayer every first and third Friday morning of the month at 10:30 am.
The 7 Watchposts
We find in Nehemiah 4 one of the most fascinating stories of the Bible. Under the leadership of the prophet Nehemiah, work begins to rebuild the destroyed walls surrounding the city of Jerusalem. But as is typically the case in the Christian life, the work of God is quickly met with Satan’s opposition.
As the walls were being built, Israel’s enemies rose with evil intentions to stop the walls from being built and kill the Israelites. The Israelites were defenseless. What were they to do? Nehemiah recounts what they did: And we prayed to our God and set a guard as a protection against them day and night. – Nehemiah 4:6 (ESV)
The 7 WATCHPOSTS is our LCC Intercessory Prayer Team that seeks to “pray to God and set a guard day and night” on the ministries and life at LCC.
- By joining the Intercessorry Prayer Team, you are committing to intercede for the life of our church for one day each week, as assigned by the prayer ministry coordinator.
- You will be given a prayer guide with indiviudal prayer points. Read the passage of Scripture for that day, noticing the connection between the passage and the prayer points, and in your own words intercede for the body.
- Feel free to pray on as many days as you would like, but please take ownership of your watchpost. For example, if you are assigned to “Wednesdays”, please pray the Wednesdays prayers ON Wednesday.
- Try and pray through each point, but be open to hear from the Spirit and lift up prayers of intercession as you are led!
- You should aim for 20-30 minutes of prayer at first and grow from there.
*If you'd like to join the prayer team, email Pastor Ronald.
This page is a useful tool for equipping the church in the ministry of prayer. It is a helpful means of publishing resources on prayer. Also, if you have a prayer request you would like to submit, just use the Submit Prayer Requests function. To receive these prayer requests by e-mail, sign up using this form.